1676 Old Seneca Tpk.
Get Directions »
Transfer Station 315-673-4190
Town Hall 315-685-3473
Closed: Mondays and Town Observed Holidays
**The Transfer Station will also be closed at Noon on Thursday, December 22nd and Reopen for business on Friday, December 23rd from 7:00 to 2:30 p.m. and on Saturday, December 24th from 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Rules and Regulations of the Transfer Station
- Per section 118-9 of the Town Refuse Law, permits are required to enter and all residents are required to recycle. Permits are available at the Town Hall, 24 Jordan Street or at the Transfer Station for a fee of $20.00 per Household.
- Per Section 118-5 All loads must be covered.
- Per Section 118-6 Only Refuse that has originated from the Town of Skaneateles will be accepted.
- WARNING: Per section 118-11 Depositing refuse which has not originated in the Town of Skaneateles is punishable by a $250.00 fine and or 15 days imprisonment.
- Per section 118-9 Commercial Loads and Haulers require a Commercial Permit available at the Town Hall.
St. Pauly Drop Off
Used clothing only
Swap Shop: Reusable items only
Rescue Mission Drop Off
Metal Pile Items:
- Washer /Dryer/Stoves
- Lawn Mowers, Bikes,
- Lawn Chairs
- Metal Pipes, Gutters,
- Sheet Metal
- Hot Water Heaters
- Metal Furniture
- Kitchen Appliances
- Metal Windows
- Pots & Pans,
- Metal Bake-ware items
- Anything that is metal
Brush / Compost Pile:
This pile is for yard waste; which consists of: Brush, Grass, Leaves, Flowers, Plants, Christmas Trees, etc.
No Commercial Loads
This pile is for items made of Lumber which consist of: Construction Lumber, Doors, Windows, Pallets, etc.
DEPOSIT IN THE GOLD BUILDING (TRASH)
- Garbarge: Place in compactor.
- Florescent Light Bulbs: Deposit in designated bin.
DEPOSIT IN THE WHITE BUILDING: (RECYCLABLES)
No need to separate paper products from containers
Newspaper, cardboard boxes, Magazines, catalogues, junk mail, office paper, phone books, non-corrugated cardboard, cereal boxes, Kleenex boxes, pasta boxes, pizza boxes, shoe boxes, food boxes, beer boxes, soda boxes etc.(thin-paper cardboard)
Glass (that you purchase food or drink in)
Plastic Containers - # 1, 2 4, 5 & 7 (Bottle Shape) For example: shampoo and laundry detergent bottles
Gable top milk and juice containers. Remove all tops.
All of the recyclables have to be emptied from the trash bag that they are in and the bag needs to be thrown in the trash. Bags are NOT recyclable. (see your local grocery stores for recycling your shopping bags.)
Other Acceptable Items:
Batteries car- (gold building)
Used motor oil (gold building)
Used cooking oil
• Business - $100/year
• Lawn Care Business - $300/year
• Commercial Tree Business - $600/year
- Commercial Trash Hauler
Based on number and type of customers