Michael Maxwell, Assessor firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele Norstad, Clerk email@example.com
Important Notice *Please submit any address changes to the Assessor
Monday 9 am to 3 pm Tuesday 9 am to 3 pm Wednesday 10 am to 2 pm Thursday 10 am to 2 pm
Assessor Sitting with Tentative Roll: *June 1st, 12-4pm *June 2nd, 8-12pm *June 3rd, 8-12pm *June 5th, 4-8pm
Grievance Day: June 6th, 2017 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Tentative Roll Date - May 1st is the date in which the assessor has completed the tax roll for that given year. Review your assessment to ascertain if it is a FAIR MARKET VALUE of your property. If you do not agree with the value placed on your property by the assessor, you may make an appointment to have an informal review of your assessment with the assessor prior to Grievance Day. If you are dissatisfied with the results of your informal review, you may file a formal complaint on or before Grievance Day. Form RP-524 (3/09) is available in the Assessor's Office and online at https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/orpts/rp524_fill_in.pdf
As your assessor I am dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable assessment roll each year. I welcome anyone who may have a question to call and make an appointment to meet with me so I may have the opportunity to meet you and also to hopefully answer your question. The main purpose of the assessor’s office is to provide a service to our customers, which are the taxpayers of the municipality. Maintaining a fair and equitable assessment roll is a very important part of this service.
This office also administers some of the property tax exemptions and their renewals. Many of these exemptions need to be applied for each year and must be filed in this office no later than March 1st. Forms are available here in the assessor’s office and online at https://www.tax.ny.gov/forms/orpts/star.htm
- Alternative Veterans - RP 458-A 2 page Application for Alternative Veterans Exemption from Real Property Service.
- New STAR applicants (Basic and Enhanced) need to register with the New York State Tax Department to receive a STAR check. Visit www.tax.ny.gov or call (518) 457-2036.
- Income Verification Program - RP 425-IVP 1 page option for Enhanced STAR.
- Senior Citizen Exemption / Renewal - RP 467 & RP 467-RNW Applications for Partial Tax Exemption of Senior Citizens, includes Enhanced STAR. This is a local exemption different from the State's STAR program with income limitations.
- Disabled Persons with limited income - RP 459-C 2 pages Application for Partial Tax Exemption of the Real Property of persons with disabilities and limited income.
- Clergy Exemption - RP 460 Application for Partial Tax Exemption for Real Property of members of Clergy.
- Agricultural Exemptions - RP 305 9 page Application for agricultural land exemption. RP483 2 page Application for agricultural and horticultural building and structures.
- Commercial, Business or Industrial Exemptions - RP 485-B 2 page Application for Tax Exemption for Commercial, Business or Industrial Real Property. RP 412-A 2 page application for Industrial Development Agencies.
- Non-Profit Organization - Application for Real Property Tax Exemption for non-profit Organization. Check with Assessor’s office for correct form.
Taxable Status Date: March 1
Valuation Date: July 1
Tentative Roll: May 1
Grievance Day: 1st Tuesday in June
Last Revaluation: 2009
Number of Parcels: Village 1222
Town outside 3042
Equalization Rate - 100% (Uniform level of Assessment)